BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup

2008-08-17 16:10:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:10:10 -0600
I also have found that antivirus software running on the client can kill performance as the AV will try to scan each file on access, which will of course kill performance.  just something else to consider.

good luck

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM, naigy <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

Thanks again to all whom provided assistance with this. The amount of temp files in that directory did appear to be the problem. Now I have had a complete backup in just over 98 minutes as opposed to 150 + and incremental are now taking about 20 minutes as opposed to taking as long as a full backup.

The amount of files definitely seems to have been a key factor here for me. I suspect that it may have been due to the fact that I am running BackupPC on a NAS device (Dlink DNS-323) which has reasonably low specs when compared to most whom are running it on a fully blown server but it is ample for my requirements.