BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web

2008-08-09 12:29:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Alan McKay <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 18:28:16 +0200
Hi,

Alan McKay wrote on 2008-08-09 08:24:36 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Backups seem to
work, but don't show up in web]:

> I seem to have the backups working fine.  And they eventually finish,
> and if I log into the server via the command line I see :
>
> [root@localhost ~]# ls -alh /d/BACKUPPC/pc/alanpc/
> total 138G
> drwxr-x--- 3 backuppc backuppc 4.0K 2008-08-09 08:00 .
> drwxr-x--- 6 backuppc backuppc 4.0K 2008-08-02 15:18 ..
> drwxr-x--- 3 backuppc backuppc 4.0K 2008-08-09 07:17 0
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc   94 2008-08-09 07:19 backups
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc   91 2008-08-09 07:17 backups.old
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc    0 2008-08-04 19:14 LOCK
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc  725 2008-08-09 08:00 LOG.082008
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc    0 2008-08-09 08:00 NewFileList
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc 101G 2008-08-09 07:17 XferLOG.0.z
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc  37G 2008-08-07 00:29 XferLOG.bad.z.old
> -rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc 593K 2008-08-09 08:22 XferLOG.z

is your ls binary having a seriously bad day, or do I really see 101
*giga*bytes of compressed XferLOG? I don't think I can recommend looking at
that via the web interface ...
What does 'du -s /d/BACKUPPC/pc/alanpc/0' give you?

> To the best of my understanding, the directory named "0" is a
> successful backup, and should show up in the list of backups on the
> web interface.   But it's not showing up there.

Permission problem (i.e. web server/CGI script not running as backuppc)?

> I figure there must be something simple I missed either in the Apache
> config file, or the config.pl, but I've gone through both of them and
> cannot find anything.
>
> What am I missing?

Well, I can't see anything wrong in them either. Perhaps you missed including
them?

Regards,
Holger