BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Copy last backup files to external HD

2008-07-19 19:54:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Copy last backup files to external HD
From: <vincent AT mailoo DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:54:13 +0200
Hi all,

I need to copy the the most recent backup of a given host to an external

hard drive.

But I don't want to create an archive file on the external hard drive, I

just want to copy files/folders as they appear on the host's filesystem.

So far, I've played with something like this:

BackupPC_tarCreate -n -1 -h <host> -s <share> / | tar xf -

I would like to know if there is a better (and more elegant) solution?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent