BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to backup remote ftp server?

2008-07-07 14:32:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to backup remote ftp server?
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Koen Linders" <koen.news AT koca DOT be>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:32:35 -0600
do a pre-backup script to mount the ftp site using your favorite method, and a post-backup script to dismount it.

doing it by cron is a hack and will likely cause you to have failed backups if a minor change is made.  you should use the pre and post backup commands to handle this. you could mirror the whole ftp with wget or something to a local directory, then backup that directory, but still you should do it with a pre backup script, not with cron