BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] ssh problem

2008-07-05 18:38:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] ssh problem
From: Serge Pecher <spe AT sdmonv DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 00:38:07 +0200
Hello,

I found out in auth.log, that it is a blacklist problem. My server plublic key
is blacklisted.
I found some explanation about ssh-vulnkey.
I did update/upgrade from my kubuntu 7.10, but I still don't have the function
ssh-vulnkey available on my system.
I tried with the ssh-vulnkey from the client, but then it tells unknow, no
blacklist information

thanks

serge

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 12:13:50AM +0200, serge pecher wrote:

> > I had backuppc working for a while without problems.
> >

> > After, I think, an update I am in trouble with ssh (can't read 4 bytes)
> >

> > When I try to ssh -l root to the client as backuppc user it keeps asking the
> > root password.

Look into the client's /var/log/messages etc. log files. The ssh daemon
should complain about something or it would accept password-less login.
Running ssh -v root@client might also produce helpful output. (Or try
raising the loglevel on client's sshd.)

> > I tried an update of openssl on both machines (where up to date)
> >

> > I generated and exchanged new keys for both machines
> > any idea ?

You exchanged host keys, right? Your backuppc users's private/public
keys might be weak as well and maybe are therefore rejected...