BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nmblookup fails

2008-07-05 17:31:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nmblookup fails
From: Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:30:44 +0200
[SOLVED]

Hello,

I recognized that the backup of the windows xp client was successfull
after I made a reboot.
So I guess the missing step when adding a client to backuppc that is
connected via (Open)VPN to restart the backuppc-server and reload the
configuration.

So for the archives: How to backup a windows xp client that is connected
via OpenVPN to your backuppc server:

1) make sure you're VPN is working by pinging the windowsclient from
your backuppc-server
2) add ip of windows-client to /etc/hosts on backuppc server
3) make sure you can ping the windows-client by using its hostname
4) create a client-config.pl for the new client, make sure rsync, ssh or
tar (whatever you choose is working)
5) IMPORTANT: reload the configuration by restarting the
backuppc-server: sudo /etc/init.d/backuppc restart

- Kurt