BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] SMB Signature verification failed - windows 2003

2008-07-03 10:11:58
Subject: [BackupPC-users] SMB Signature verification failed - windows 2003
From: Neimar Volpini <neimar AT estobel.com DOT br>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:13:08 -0300
I'm copying a windows 2003 share and at certain point during the copy I
receive this error:

client_check_incoming_message: received message with mid 8341 with no matching
send record.
SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \Diversos\Material Antigo -
fora de uso\SCI\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \Diversos\Material Antigo -
fora de uso\Sebrae\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \Diversos\Material Antigo -
fora de uso\SISTEMACB6\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! opening remote file \Diversos\Nomes
para sofás  Molon.ods (\Diversos\)
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \Diversos\S\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \E\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \I\*

After the error no more files are copied and the directory names are
truncated. I have this directory tree:

\Diversos\Sofa
\Estobel
\Indicadores

As you can see in the log above the directory names were truncated:

Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \Diversos\S\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \E\*
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \I\*

When I browse the backups (via CGI interface) those directories with
truncated names appear without any files inside. A lot of files were
successfully copied before the error.

I searched for this error in the mailing list but I didn't find a
reasonable explanation, some people suggested physical network problems
but I'm sure its not the case because I do backup many hosts and I  got
this error just for this host (windows 2003).

My BackupPC version is:  3.1.0
My smb version is: 3.0.28a-1.fc7 (on Fedora 7)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
*Neimar Volpini*