BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Resume Backup

2008-05-20 18:02:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Resume Backup
From: "Hendrik Friedel" <hen_mail AT web DOT de>
To: <nils AT lemonbit DOT nl>, <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:02:11 +0200
 Hello,

> If BackupPC can determine that disk space is the reason why
> the backup is the child exited prematurely, then yes, the
> message could be improved. There could be another reason
> though, I have seen that error come up in cases where disk
> space was not the problem. And please reply to the list.

It's simple:
If the "Child exited prematurely" message is returned, Backuppc should check
for the available disc space. If it's below 1gig (for instance assuming that
most files are smaller than 1gig) then this message would be converted to
"Child exited prematurely (Maybe due to lack of disc space. Disc Space left
is xyz MB)"

Greetings,
Hendrik