BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to BackupFilesExclude to exclude locked files on Windows XP

2008-05-20 12:01:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to BackupFilesExclude to exclude locked files on Windows XP
From: Matthias Meyer <Matthias.Meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:00:31 +0200
Am Dienstag 20 Mai 2008 schrieb Les Stott:
> Kurt jasper wrote:
> > ok, to exclude the follwing files that can be found in any
> > user-directory C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME), I followed your
> > suggestion and put intomy CLIENT.PL:
> > [...]
> > $Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/';
> > $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = ['/home','/etc','/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und
> > Einstellungen/'];
> > $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> > 'c' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
> > Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale

Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
> > und Einstellungen/*/Lokale

Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
> > };
> >
> Your RsyncShareName is wrong, or at least different to what you had
> before. Your exclude is explicity defined as "c", but your
> RsyncShareName is "/". Your excludes never get touched because your not
> specifying an rsync "c" share. Also your BackupFilesOnly looks wrong
> too. You're getting confused with sharenames and pathing.
>
> RsyncShareName is the name of the rsync share on the client PC, as
> specified in the client's rsyncd.conf on the PC. In that rsyncd.conf if
> your share name is "C" then your path should be "c:"
>
> a clients pc's rsyncd.conf c drive share for example:
>
> [cdrive]
>   path = c:
>   comment = Entire Drive
>   hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>   strict modes = false
>   read only = false
>   list = false
>
> BackupPC only needs to know the name of the Share, then all paths,
> excludes, includes are relative. A client.pl on the backuppc server for
> example....
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = 'c';
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = [/Dokumente und Einstellungen/'];
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> 'c' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
> Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
> und Einstellungen/*/Lokale

Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
> };
>

> For the excludes you can use "*" which means apply to all shares. i.e.
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> '*' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
> Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
> und Einstellungen/*/Lokale

Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
> };
>

> Regards,
>
> Les

Do not use rsyncd. I've have a lot of trouble with it.
In addition you have running a daemon all the time and just need it one
times a day.
I would recommend to use rsync instead rsyncd.

This configuration should work:

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {};
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/home',
  '/etc',
  '/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und Einstellungen/'
];

# The following exclude list will apply to all share-names
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'*' => [
'/cygdrive/c/*/NTUSER.DAT',
'/cygdrive/c/*/ntuser.dat.LOG',
'/cygdrive/c/*/UsrClass.dat',
'/cygdrive/c/*/UsrClass.dat.LOG'
 ]
};

# The following exclude list will apply only to the
share-name '/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und Einstellungen/'
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und Einstellungen/' => [
'*/NTUSER.DAT',
'*/ntuser.dat.LOG',
'*/UsrClass.dat',
'*/UsrClass.dat.LOG'
 ]
};

I assume you will backup a linux machine which host a cygwin windows
environment. I'm not sure if you should use "/" or the windows like "\"
instead.

br
Matthias

--