BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump turns into zombie process

2008-05-19 15:50:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump turns into zombie process
From: "Bruno Faria" <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:50:03 -0500
Hi,

I've been running backupPC on one server for about a month and half. Everything has been working great so far and I have 2396.72GB worth of full backups. But 3 days ago I noticed that the simultaneous backups for three servers were taking very long to complete. In the BackupPC status page it showed that backups were running but then I ran grep in the server to see BackupPC_dump processes and I found out that the BackupPC_dump process turned into zombie processes. And that's why the backups aren't being completed. Does anyone have any idea on whats causing that and how I may fix it? I'm gonna reboot the server and hope that this fixes that problem, but if anyone ran into that before and has any solutions. please tell me.

Thanks for the help!