BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Configure a front-end back-end setup

2008-05-03 18:46:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Configure a front-end back-end setup
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Randy Grugan <rgrugan AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 15:46:20 -0700
Randy writes:

>  I am not sure if this is possible but I want to run the web
>  front end of BackupPC on my apache server while having the
>  backup and storage on another box. Is it possible to have the
>  web front end talk to this back end? If possible can someone
>  give me some pointers on getting this format setup?

Yes, it's possible.  The apache server needs access to the BackupPC
TopDir and configuration files, so you need to NFS mount those.  It
also needs the identical version of BackupPC installed (or you can NFS
mount the installation directory too).  The paths for these directories
need to be the same on both the server and apache machines.

You should then set $Conf{ServerPort}, $Conf{ServerHost} and
$Conf{ServerMesgSecret}.  If $Conf{ServerPort} > 0 then the CGI
code contacts the server at $Conf{ServerHost}:$Conf{ServerPort}.

Craig