Amanda-Users

read only error on amrestore

2009-10-23 11:56:20
Subject: read only error on amrestore
From: Christopher <chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:01:41 -0700
Hello...

I'm running amanda 2.6.1p1 on a rhel 5.4 server.  I am trying to restore
some files from a ~2 year old archive backup.  Since it is an archive
backup I have the write protect tab closed on the physical tape.  When I
try to run amrestore I get:

/usr/sbin/amrestore -p -h /dev/nst0 ...
amrestore: Error reading volume label: Can't open tape device /dev/nst0:
Read-only file system.

Why does amrestore want to write to the tape?

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com
 http://www.pricegrabber.com