Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1

2009-10-01 19:15:28
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1
From: Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 01:00:31 +0200

Dustin J. Mitchell schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de> wrote:
>
>> At the moment I'm taking a deeper look at chg-manual. When I call
>> "amdevcheck test" (test is my amanda config) with a tape inserted I get
>> SUCCESS back. If I run amdevcheck without a tape nothing happens. I
>> expected to get VOLUME_MISSING back. Does this depend on my tape drive?
>>

> amdevcheck actually does an end-run around the changer and just
> accesses the device (tapedev) directly.

This was what I wanted. I'm trying to rewrite the chg-manual script. I
wanted to call amdevchange every 60 seconds. If amdevchange returns
VOLUME_MISSING I send an email requesting for a new tape each x minutes
until a timeout is reached. If amdevchange returns SUCCESS I want to
proceed. My problem is, that amdevchange doesn't return VOLUME_MISSING
but hangs.

Sebastian