Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090730, 1st run

2009-07-31 09:58:40
Subject: Re: amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090730, 1st run
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:47:42 -0400
On Friday 31 July 2009, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Gene Heskett<gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
>> Your turn. :)
>
>Can you send me the whole taper log with all of the repeats in it?  or
>at least the first few MB of it?  I suspect there are a few bugs
>conspiring here..
>
>Dustin

No, 100% PEBKAC.  Somehow the slot9 directory got owned by root, so even if
the link 'data' was owned by amanda, amanda had no perms for the target of the
link.  I just put the 730 snapshot back in after the flush was done, and it
looks like amcheck is happy. I even rebooted to an older kernel before I found
that.  Doh!  My bad, I'll take 30 lashes with a wet noodle.  Or can I blame it
on ENOCAFFEINE?  I'm a quart low yet this morning.  Gotta fix that, where is
my teacup...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

All kings is mostly rapscallions.
                --Mark Twain