Amanda-Users

Re: starting from scratch with vtapes

2009-07-16 15:54:19
Subject: Re: starting from scratch with vtapes
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brandon Metcalf <brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:35:34 -0400
amadmin CONF force '*'

Brandon Metcalf wrote:
d == dustin AT zmanda DOT com writes:

 d> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Brandon
 d> Metcalf<brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com> wrote:
 d> > I had to rebuild the disk array where our vtapes were stored.  After I
 d> > recreate the vtapes is there anything in /etc/amanda/DailySet1/ that I
 d> > should also remove or recreate to start with a full set of backups?

 d> If you lost all of your data, you should probably also 'amrmtape' all
 d> of the tapes Amanda still thinks it has.

I already emptied out tapelist, so I guess this isn't going to work.
Any manual steps I can take to get going with new level 0 backups?