Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client package without amdump

2009-07-15 05:00:29
Subject: Re: amanda client package without amdump
From: Andreas Kuntzagk <andreas.kuntzagk AT mdc-berlin DOT de>
To: Mark Fisher <mark.fisher AT nativ-systems DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:45:22 +0200
Hi,

I wrongly had the idea that the client initiates the backup. (Upto now my only client has been the server itself) Now I see that it's the server starting the backup so having amdump in the Serverpackage makes sense.

Now I only have to figure out some communication issues between server and client.

Will get back with more questions ;-)

thanks, Andreas