Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.1p1 amcheck-clients: amanda/tcp unknown protocol

2009-07-07 20:21:08
Subject: Re: 2.6.1p1 amcheck-clients: amanda/tcp unknown protocol
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:58:00 -0400
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Jean-Francois
Malouin<malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca> wrote:
> Just upgraded a server from 2.6.0p2 to 2.6.1p1 and now amcheck outputs:
>
> Server check took 0.004 seconds
> amcheck-clients: amanda/tcp unknown protocol

I assume that you've checked that amanda/tcp appears in /etc/services?

My first thought was that Amanda was adding the suffix to the service
name, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Also, the --with-testing method of testing Amanda isn't really
supported anymore, and to be honest should be removed entirely.
Instead, you should install "testing" versions of Amanda in a
different prefix, and adjust your $PATH accordingly.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com