Amanda-Users

Dump failures

2009-07-01 11:37:30
Subject: Dump failures
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "AMANDA users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:21:22 -0400
Greetings;

I have been getting a failure from amcheckdump since the 28th of June,
complaining according to a re-run, of the /usr/movies DLE.  du -h . says its
11 GB, chunk size is set to 2GB, and the tapesize at 40GB.  Seems to me like
it would fit, but:

Validating image coyote:/usr/movies datestamp 20090701001504 level 0 part 1 on
tape Dailys-9 file #2
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Dump was not successfully validated: Validation process returned 2 (full
status 512)
  using '/usr/local/libexec/amanda/application/amgtar validate > /dev/null &&
cat > /dev/null'.

I sicced a session of dd piped to tar after it, and it has read a lot more
than amcheckdump does before it exits, or I used the wrong syntax, possible
since its been ages since I last did that.

This is 2.6.2, built from the 20090622 snapshot.  kernel 2.6.30, fedora 10
install.

Ideas anybody?

Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

There is an innocence in admiration; it is found in those to whom it
has not yet occurred that they, too, might be admired some day.
                -- Friedrich Nietzsche