Amanda-Users

2.5.2p1 failing

2009-02-17 16:01:38
Subject: 2.5.2p1 failing
From: George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:14:32 -0700
Recently my amanda server has begun failing during amdump without any apparent reason. I was using straight debian etch and amanda packages, since the problem appeared, I build from source and I'm still getting the same thing. Amcheck runs fine, amdump will start normally, the clients start sending in the estimates, and about 3/4's of the time, the server processes just die. The end of the amdump log file just has estimate info at the end, no errors.
Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated.
--
George Kelbley                  System Support Group
Computer Science Department     University of New Mexico