Amanda-Users

permissions

2008-12-02 09:58:46
Subject: permissions
From: "Seth Rothenberg" <srothenb AT montefiore DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 09:05:42 -0500
I'm looking for a clue for troubleshooting a new
amandaclient install.     My main problem is
that this hasn't been worked on in about 5 years...

I have a dozen clients, including two ubuntu GNU/Linux,
and we are trying to add one more.
This one happens to be Ubuntu/Linux on VMWARE.
I can ssh into the new server without password.

Is there a way to confirm that amanda is running as the correct
user on the new client?    Also, I was unable to locate the
dumptypes file.      I suspect that's where "noop" is referenced.

The error is below - and I found the same text in the amandad log
on the client.

Thanks
Seth

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: NAK jirahost: user root from eair2.montefiore.org is not allowed
to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in
/var/backups/.amandahosts on the client