Amanda-Users

amrecover and iptables

2008-10-30 14:53:23
Subject: amrecover and iptables
From: Laura del Cano <laura.delcano AT uam DOT es>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:55:37 +0100
Hi,
I think this is an old issue but I am having problems to make amrecover work under my firewall and I don't know how to solve it. I have opened tcp inbound connections on ports 10082 and 10083 on my server but I get a 'connection refused' after those connections are made.

amrecover: stream_client_privileged: connected to X.X.X.X.10083
amrecover: stream_client_privileged: our side is 0.0.0.0.971
amrecover: try_socksize: receive buffer size is 65536
amrecover: bind_portrange2: trying port=971
amrecover: bind_portrange2: trying port=972
amrecover: stream_client_privileged: connect to X.X.X.X.56615 failed: Connection refused
amrecover: Unable to make data connection to server: Connection refused

The connection that fails seems to bind to any port on the server side so I dont know which ones to open. I have tried to set up the port ranges using reserved-tcp-port and reserved-udp-port on amanda.conf but my version of amanda does not support it (2.5.0p2). I have loaded the nf_conntrack_amanda module on the server and it handles ok the dumps but it doesnt seem to work with amrecover.

could somebody give me an idea on how to solve this issue?
thanks in advance
Laura