Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4

2008-10-01 13:20:53
Subject: Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Michael Reuland" <michael.reuland AT activant DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:13:27 -0400
OK, folks, this thread has been a while coming, but I wanted to
mention that it's been fixed.  We discovered that on Michael's system,
in whatever context amandad runs, isspace(0x20) == 0.  That is to say,
it's not thinking in ASCII for some reason.

The fix, in r1310, is to use Glib's g_ascii_isspace(), which (as you
might guess) always uses ASCII regardless of any system settings.  For
the moment, this is appropriate everywhere in Amanda, and it will
remain true in the on-wire and on-disk formats.  At some point, we'll
support Unicode in the configuration file, but that's not a current
project.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer