Amanda-Users

amadmin info look for a file name

2008-08-12 12:53:51
Subject: amadmin info look for a file name
From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:26:12 -0400
We have people who come and ask about recovering a file but the only know
the file name and not where it was located.

Is there an Amanda command that will search through the Amanda indexes
looking for a particular file name listing all the available dates that it
exist?

I realize that I could write a script to do this but wanted to know if it is
already available in some Amanda command.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067