Amanda-Users

newbie help - client backup

2008-08-11 16:11:27
Subject: newbie help - client backup
From: "Brian Bruns" <brian.bruns AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:54:43 -0400
Hi all,

I have an amanda server set up and it runs backups for the local
machine, but I'm running into problems when trying to back up a client
machine.

Both server and client are Fedora Core 8.
The amdump command takes some time like it's running and does not error.
On the client machine there are logs in /var/log/amanda/client that
shows that the client machine kicked off the backup.
On the server machine there is a zero length file in the holding disk
with the hostname and filesystem of the backup I ran.
When running amrecover and doing sethost, setdisk it tells me there
are no backups.

I don't seem to have any authentication problems and /etc/services and
xinetd seem to be set up and operating correctly, but I could really
used some pointers as to where to check next to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance,

Brian