Amanda-Users

Re: Sources for replacement tape drive in Sun L9 array

2008-08-11 09:42:25
Subject: Re: Sources for replacement tape drive in Sun L9 array
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:36:25 +1000 (EST)

It looks like the problem is with the robotics in my L9. I've taken out the cassette holder from the front and the autoloader section is sitting hald-extended into slot 8 at the back.. 8-) Not sure if I should turn the unit off and on, or try and manually pull the mechanism out of the tape storage slot then re-run an inventory check.

I've been in touch with two places in Sydney than can repair L9's so if the problem persists the unit will be visiting one of them soon enough.

I think the tape drive itself has problems too so a general service wouldn't be a bad idea.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";