Amanda-Users

usage of holding disk

2008-07-23 10:26:21
Subject: usage of holding disk
From: Andre Brandt <brandt AT decoit DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:16:02 +0200
Hello list,

I've just a little question - perhaps you can help me:

I've configured our tape backup with amanda a few weeks ago. Everything is fine - the backup is done every night without any problems. The problem is, that our office is closed from time to time. And if the tape isn't changed, amanda waits until the right tape is inserted and after that the backup starts. Is it possible to configure amanda to anyway start the backup and use the holding disk although right the tape isn't inserted? So that, for example, one or two backup jobs are written to disk and after the tape were inserted, they will be written to tape?

Thanks

Andre