Amanda-Users

amanda on Mac OS X (10.5.4) Leopard

2008-07-22 14:20:05
Subject: amanda on Mac OS X (10.5.4) Leopard
From: myron <kowalskM AT cs.moravian DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:42:02 -0400
I just got a MacBook Pro (10.5.4) and I want to add it as a client on my Amanda server.

I looked at
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes/Installing_Amanda_on_Mac_OS_X#Version-Specific_Notes
and it doesn't mention leopard. Do I follow the same instructions?

I noticed that on my Mac /etc./services already has amanda in it.
amanda          10080/udp   # Amanda
amanda          10080/tcp   # Amanda
#                          John Jackson <jrj AT gandalf.cc.purdue DOT edu>
#                          <amanda-core AT amanda DOT org>

The ports listed are different than the wiki instructions. Is there another page that I should be looking at?

--myron
Myron Kowalski
MoCoSIN Network/Systems Administrator
Moravian College