Amanda-Users

Re: another selfcheck problem

2008-07-16 11:45:30
Subject: Re: another selfcheck problem
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:04:32 -0400
Mister Olli wrote:
hi...

my /etc/inetd.conf looks like this on all of my freebsd 7 systems.

amanda  dgram   udp     wait    amanda  /usr/local/libexec/amandad
-auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
A 'amandad' is missing, it should be:
amanda dgram udp wait amanda /usr/local/libexec/amandad amandad -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped

Jean-Louis

and it works like a charm, except for that one system... gladly I'm only
the backup-administrator of that system. I wasn't the one who did the
setup, so I'm not quite sure if there's something wrong with the system
setup...

are there any hints on what to check, or how to trace/ debug this
failure in more detail?

greetz
olli