Amanda-Users

Re: disk /, all estimate failed

2008-04-13 15:12:56
Subject: Re: disk /, all estimate failed
From: terry <terry AT bluelight.org DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:06:05 +0100
Paul Bijnens wrote:
> terry schreef:
>> I followed this howto here
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/disk_based_backups_amanda_debian_etch
>> and of course adjusted for my os but when I run a backup I get an email
>> containing
>>
>> These dumps were to tape DailySet1-2.
>> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet1-3.
>>
>> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>>   bigfish.bluelight.org.uk  /  lev 0  FAILED [disk /, all estimate
>> failed]
>>
> [...]
>>
>> any pointers welcomes
>
> Just pointers:
>
> a more complete setup for the beginners:
>   http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/User_documentation
>
> Frequent problems and their solution:
>   http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Troubleshooting
>
> To be able to help you, you have to give more information
> and especially the error messages found in the debug files
> that amanda generates for each run.
>
> One of the first things to try is running amcheck and
> solve every problem it encounters.
> Did you run amcheck without errors/warnings?

Yep
bigfish# amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
slot 3: read label `DailySet1-3', date `20080413'
cannot overwrite active tape DailySet1-3
slot 4: read label `DailySet1-4', date `20080412'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet1-4 label ok
NOTE: conf info dir /usr/adm/amanda/curinfo does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /usr/adm/amanda/index does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.464 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.147 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.1p3)

and amdump just dissappears after couple of seconds