Amanda-Users

Re: Do not start Job if label not correct?

2008-04-02 06:01:38
Subject: Re: Do not start Job if label not correct?
From: Theodotos Andreou <theo AT francoudi DOT com>
To: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:56:20 +0300
Tony van der Hoff wrote:
On 2 Apr at 9:47 Theodotos Andreou <theo AT francoudi DOT com> wrote in message
<47F3482A.20907 AT francoudi DOT com>

Is there a way to tell a Backup job not to start if there is no correct
label found on the changer? I do not want to use amflush later because
/amandadumps is too small to host all level 0 images during a monthly
archival backup.

I do this:

#!/bin/bash
#Check tape, and only run backup if successful

DUMP=HomeDumps

/usr/sbin/amcheck -w $DUMP
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
        #retension tape
        mt retension

        #run backup for group
        /usr/sbin/amdump $DUMP

        #verify the tape
        echo Verifying ${DUMP}
        /usr/sbin/amverify $DUMP
else
        echo Failed $DUMP
fi

Customise to suit...
This will force a non amanda tape or a tape from another amanda job to be used by MonthlyJob. What I want is not to start MonthlyJob if there are no labels for it in the changer. I was hoping that there is native support for this in the configuration but I guess I will have to script this behavior myself.

Thanks anyway :)

--
Best Regards
Theodotos Andreou