Amanda-Users

Re: Email notifications

2008-04-01 14:56:37
Subject: Re: Email notifications
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: jwilson AT transolutions DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:51:24 -0400

James Wilson wrote:
I recently did and upgrade/move of our mail server and now I no longer get the email notifications from Amanda. I didn't think there was a setting to specify your email server in amanda. Is it caching it somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

It's in the configuration of mail handling on the OS of your backup server. Try logging in to your backup server and just sending a mail out using, e.g., mailx. You've probably broken that and need to fix it. How to fix it depends on your mail handler and your OS. I'm on Solaris with the default sendmail configured to send only (to my department mail server) and not receive. My /etc/mail/aliases file defines an alias for the amanda user that gets the mail out to the network support group.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator
(*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center