Amanda-Users

can amanda trigger a script?

2008-03-04 04:34:21
Subject: can amanda trigger a script?
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 01:26:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi Marc/all,

U have gave me this script to export database to other directory.
http://marc-muehlfeld.de/scripts/mybackup.sh

If I use this script on cronjob to export databases, Amanda does not know
when will it finishes. Manual way, If let say this script finish exported
databases at 3am. Then I have to run "amdump DailySet1" (cronjob) at 3.30am
for instance. So, I always have to check and monitor when the script finish
export databases and the time depends on the size of databases. I have to
change time setting on cronjob as well. Can Amanda trigger that script so
that after exporting databases it will run "amdump DailySet1" automatically?