Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1

2008-01-14 13:45:50
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:29:29 -0500
On Monday 14 January 2008, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>On Jan 14, 2008 3:53 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> wrote:
>> PS, from the amverify run I do after the backup run:
>
>amverify is deprecated -- please use amcheckdump.
>
>>  driver: FATAL event_register: Invalid file descriptor 4294967295
>
>That's probably not a maxfilesize problem.  That's the "unsigned"
>32-bit representation of -1, which suggests that someone is passing
>around an invalid file descriptor somewhere -- definitely a bug.  Can
>you sniff out and send the debug logs from that flush?

I *think* I need a wet warshrag & some of grandma's lie soap.  I did all the
prep on that drive, and did not reboot, just remounted, so the kernel still
*thought* /dev/sdc1 was a 200mb partition I was going to use for a boot
partition, no damned wonder it failed, but it chose a poor way too demo that
the disk was full.  It took df to make me see that.

So, I've rebooted to a freshly built 2.6.24-rc7, killed all traces of previous
runs, made new vtapes yadda yadda.

Humm, it looks as if I'm going to have to re-write my helper scripts to
specify the exact path of every utility in the closet, its still using the
older runtar from 2.5.2p2.  Your moving things around is gnawing on my
ankles.  I don't think its going to find the amcheckdump thing either.
Grrrr.

So I may as well kill it right now, damn.  Hopefully that's fixed, all cleaned
up and running again.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Always leave room to add an explanation if it doesn't work out.