Amanda-Users

Re: Problems accessing my new autoloader

2007-11-23 03:10:59
Subject: Re: Problems accessing my new autoloader
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:03:10 +0100
Le Friday 23 November 2007 08:52:17 Marc Muehlfeld, vous avez écrit :
[I think you meant to send this message to the list, so the answer goes there]

> Hi,
>
> I meanwhile tried to tar a file directly to the tapedev, rewind it and
> tried to restore. What I got back was a only totally mixed part of what I
> send to tape?!
>
> I changed the changer library emulation and control mode from "native" to
> "Exabyte EZ17", reboot the server and retried. Now it was possible to label
> tapes.
>
> Happy, that everything seams to work, I started a backup of one DLE (60
> files, 9.1 GB). The report told me, it was successfully done. Then I tried
> to restore. On my first try it start loading files from tape. But after 30
> minutes of showing nothing (after amrecover restored the last file), I
> canceled the operation. I retried a second time. And now after loading the
> tape nothing happens. amrecover is showing since 40 minutes:
>
> Extracting files using tape drive chg-zd-mtx on host nucleus.mr.lfmg.de.
> Load tape KAS002 now
> Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
>

> mt on a second console shows:
> # mt -f /dev/nst0 status
> mt: /dev/nst0: rmtopen failed: Device or resource busy.
>

> The display on the autoloader shows that drive-1 is idle.

OK, try again by hand for this tape:

* rewind: mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
* show header: dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1
* go to next file: mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1
* show DLE header: dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1
* IF the DLE header is correct (ie, no character substitution), then try and
list what's in the archive: dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k|tar t(z? are your archives
compressed?)f -

--
Francis Galiegue, fg AT one2team DOT com - Ingénieur système
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]