Amanda-Users

Re: tape_splitsize Problem: Resulting Splits Are Too Small

2007-11-16 14:42:41
Subject: Re: tape_splitsize Problem: Resulting Splits Are Too Small
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:37:10 +0100 (CET)
Charles Curley schrieb:
> The dump is to cirtual tapes on a hard drive. The resulting splits are
> all 10 MB in size. E.g.:
>
> How do I change that to a more reasonable size, like 3 Gb?

The parameters fallback_splitsize default is 10M, if you don't set it.
Maybe the conditions descripted inside the manpage of amanda.conf appears
in your case and let amanda fall back to use this parameter.

fallback_splitsize
Default: 10M When dumping a split dump in PORT-WRITE mode, if no
split_diskbuffer is specified (or if we somehow fail to use our
split_diskbuffer), we must buffer split chunks in memory. This specifies
the maximum size split chunks can be in this scenario, and thus the
maximum amount of memory consumed for in-memory splitting. The size of
this buffer can be changed from its (very conservative) default to a value
reflecting the amount of memory that each taper process on the dump server
may reasonably consume.

Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost