Amanda-Users

Re: problem building 2.5.2p1 on Cobalt raq-4i server appliance

2007-10-07 22:09:41
Subject: Re: problem building 2.5.2p1 on Cobalt raq-4i server appliance
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:01:30 +1000 (EST)
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

On 10/7/07, Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au> wrote:
Doing a proper search through all the header files has produced no match
for 'in_port_t' anywhere, not even in /usr/include/netinet/in.h (which I
have included as an attachment so you can see what is in that file).

OK -- so on systems without in_port_t, we'll just have to define it
ourselves.  No big deal.  This solution should work -- add this to
amanda.h:

typedef unsigned short int in_port_t;

In amanda.h the first reference I've found for in_port_t looks at whether or not the system has ipv6 and I hadn't added '--without-ipv6' to the config options on the Cobalt system. I'm trying it again now to determine if the same problem will occur with ipv6 support in Amanda specifically disabled at config time...

No - same result. So next thing is to manually define in_port_t before the first use in amanda.h by adding 'typedef unsigned short int in_port_t;' at line 332.

And that has removed the problem of not having in_port_t defined in the OS header files.

Now the build has moved on to present a new problem with an error in dgram.c:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../config -I../gnulib -Wall -W -Wparentheses -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat -Wsign-compare -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -c dgram.c -Wp,-MD,.deps/dgram.TPlo -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/dgram.o

producing this

dgram.c: In function `dgram_bind':
dgram.c:83: structure has no member named `ss_family'
dgram.c: In function `dgram_send_addr':
dgram.c:167: structure has no member named `ss_family'
gmake[1]: *** [dgram.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/root/azwan/amanda-2.5.2p1/common-src'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Regards,

Craig.

--