Amanda-Users

Re: Anyone using Kerberos in 2.5.2 and having trouble with performance due to encryption?

2007-08-20 08:18:32
Subject: Re: Anyone using Kerberos in 2.5.2 and having trouble with performance due to encryption?
From: Klas Heggemann <klas AT csc.kth DOT se>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:18:10 +0200

Klas Heggemann wrote:

Hi!

We are inte transition from amanda 2.4.2 to 2.5.2. We seem to have a working build and configuration. We've also switched from Solaris 9 to 10, and newer
hardware.

However, with 2.5.2 encryption is no longer an option, when using Kerberos 5 authentication. The backup server seems to have problems with the backup of nearly 200 filesystems on 80 hosts.

We also notice that the dumper processes seems to die. We start with 20 processe. 48 hours later and only half way through the backups, there is only 3 dumper processes left, slowing things
down even more.

/klas