Amanda-Users

RE: setup problem

2007-08-16 14:24:21
Subject: RE: setup problem
From: <donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com>
To: <Brian_Maxwell AT raytheon DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:02:24 -0500
The various dump programs on Solaris need access to the raw device for
the file system.  The rundump command is set-uid root so it can make the
backups, but the amcheck portion is not.  The solution I found for my
Solaris systems was to change the group membership to the 'amanda'
account to the group that owns the devices and make sure the devices are
read-only to that group.

Does that help?

Don Ritchey
IT ED RTS Tech Services, Senior IT Analyst (UNIX), Exelon Corporation