Amanda-Users

Re: Self Backups Possible?

2007-08-16 13:36:00
Subject: Re: Self Backups Possible?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Debaecke, David M CTR SPAWAR, MILL DET" <david.debaecke.ctr AT navy DOT mil>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:36:21 -0500
Debaecke, David M CTR SPAWAR, MILL DET wrote:
> Hello  I'm wondering if self backups are possible with AMANDA?
>
> That is, not having any client machines, but simply installing AMANDA
> server on a linux box and using it to backup the machine its on?
>
> If not, would it be possible to setup both client AND server on the same
> box and use it in this form for self backups?

The server can back up  itself, but it does need both the client and
server parts of Amanda installed.
To avoid future problems, configure Amanda to back itself up by
hostname and not localhost.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673