Amanda-Users

Re: Limiting bandwidth

2007-08-14 19:43:42
Subject: Re: Limiting bandwidth
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:41:36 -0400
On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 04:12:44PM -0600, Mario Silva wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have a question that I know it might not have question because I could not
> find nothing about how to limit the bandwidth that amanda uses while is
> backing up a file system.

See the INTERFACE SECTION of amanda.conf.

The netusage parameter only comes into play when deciding whether or not
to start a DLE backing up.  If current netusage is too high, the dump is
delayed.  However, once started, there is no limitation or throttling
placed by amanda upon the netusage.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)