Amanda-Users

stalled dumper and amanda

2007-08-09 13:48:06
Subject: stalled dumper and amanda
From: "Rudy Setiawan" <rudal999 AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:33:29 -0700
Hi all,

I have a client who has been "dumping" but no data being dumped.
So i take a look at the log file sendbackup....debug

It just stayed right at:
sendbackup: time 5.270:  87:  normal(|):   DUMP: mapping (Pass I)
[regular files]

for about 3 hours already.

So I am not sure, sometimes it worked sometimes it just did that. I
ended up having a very random backup failure.

Can it be an authorization issue?
does authorization need to be used to keep the connection alive?

Which of the following authorization scheme that is best to use and
very reliable?

bsd, bsd authorization with udp initial connection and one tcp
connection by data stream.
bsdtcp, bsd authorization but use only one tcp connection.
bsdudp, like bsd, but will use only one tcp connection for all data stream.
ssh to use OpenSSH authorization

Let me know if any other logs are needed.

Thank you guys.

Regards,
Rudy

--