Amanda-Users

Re: a client disappeared

2007-08-07 20:04:32
Subject: Re: a client disappeared
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: ghe AT slsware DOT com
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:01:37 -0500
Glenn English wrote:

> Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>
>> A few things to check:
>>
>>  - forward or reverse DNS doesn't work for the server or the client.
>
> Hadn't thought of that. But unfortunately, it works perfectly.
>
>>  - firewall on the client changed
>
> It did change, but it's the same as on the other client, there's no
> record of anything being blocked, I can see packets getting there with
> tcpdump, and disabling the packet filter doesn't change anything.

A few more ideas to check:
Have you tried running the command in your inetd.conf, such as
/usr/local/libexec/amandad on the command line as your backup user?
You might have permissions issues or missing libraries that prevents
it from running.
If it works on the command line, try restarting inetd, and also
check the system logs to see if inetd has trouble starting it.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673