Amanda-Users

Changed network address on server, and clients not working

2007-08-06 17:11:21
Subject: Changed network address on server, and clients not working
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:52:46 -0400
In an attempt to work around some network problems, I've added a 2nd NIC to
my Amanda server, that should provide a better route to some of the
clients. On those clients amcheck is not working.

I added the IP address of the 2nd NIC to the .amandahosts file on the
clients, but that does not seem to be working. I don't have a DNS entry for
this address, and I'm wondering if that could be the problem.

Using ethereal, I see 3 packets coming to the client from the server, and
none going back. Looking in the debug directory, I see that amandad starts,
and gives the build info, but then just has an exit timestamp.

Any suggestions?

--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything.
I am the manager of all of Customer Service."