Amanda-Users

Re: services entry for amindexd

2007-07-27 13:59:49
Subject: Re: services entry for amindexd
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:44:50 -0400
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 04:15:00PM +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> stan schrieb:
> >What does the /etc/services entry for amindexd ,look like?
>
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start#Add_entries_in_.2Fetc.2Fservices_on_the_server

OK, let me amplify a bit on this question. I'm trying to run amrecover on  a
2.5.1 machine.
When I do that it says:

root@amanda:/home/amanda# /opt/ama*/sbin/amrecover
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p2. Contacting server on amanda.meadwestvaco.com ...
NAK: user root from amanda.meadwestvaco.com is not allowed to execute the
service amindexd:
Please add "amindexd amidxtaped" to the line in /home/amanda/.amandahosts

But when I do that like this:

amanda.meadwestvaco.com root amindexd amidxtaped

I get this error message:

AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p2. Contacting server on amanda.meadwestvaco.com ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

Which is what led tp this question. Looking at the reference web page shos that
I have the
correct entry for Amanda in /etc/services like this:

amidxtape       10083/tcp                       # amanda backup services
amandaidx       10082/tcp  #Amanda indexing
amanda          10080/tcp                       # amanda backup services
amanda          10080/udp

So I'm puzzled by what I should do to resolve this.

Thanks.
--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything.
I am the manager of all of Customer Service."