Amanda-Users

Encryption questions

2007-07-03 10:58:16
Subject: Encryption questions
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Mangala Gunadasa <mgunadas AT montefiore DOT org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:54:03 -0500
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 09:22:16AM -0400, Mangala Gunadasa wrote:
>    Greetings,

When posting on a new topic, please do not reply to existing posts
(referred to a "hijacking a thread").  Please create a new post with a
different subject.

>    We have been using Amanda for 7 years to backup 15 servers(AIX and
>    SUN). It works perfectly. We asked to do backup encryption of one of
>    the File Systems. Do we need to install a new package?. We use gpg
>    encryption for other purpose. Ho to integrate it to Amanda?.
>    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Amanda 2.5.0 supports encryption, potentially using GPG.  Please see
http://wiki.zmanda.com for information on how to install and configure
it.

Dustin

--