Amanda-Users

Re: problem with amrecover

2007-01-23 12:16:03
Subject: Re: problem with amrecover
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:03:32 -0500
* Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr> [20070123 11:48]:
> Jean-Francois Malouin a écrit :
> >* Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr> [20070123 09:23]:
> >
> >>hi i have some problems with the new framework of security of amanda
> >>
> >>my server and my client is in the version 2.5.1p2
> >>
> >>the amanda-client.conf on the client is this one
> >>
> >>conf "int" # your config name
> >>index_server "backup" # your amindexd server
> >>tape_server "backup" # your amidxtaped server
> >>#tapedev "" # your tape device
> >># auth - authentication scheme to use between server and client.
> >># Valid values are "bsd", "bsdudp", "bsdtcp" and "ssh".
> >># Default: [auth "bsdtcp"]
> >>auth "bsdtcp"
> >>
> >>when i run amrecover i got these results
> >>
> >>amrecover -s backup
> >>AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p2. Contacting server on backup ...
> >>[request failed: Connection refused]
> >>
> >>on the server the debug file
> >>amindexd.20070123151619.debug
> >>amindexd: debug 1 pid 26735 ruid 33 euid 33: start at Tue Jan 23
> >>15:16:19 2007
> >>amindexd: version 2.5.1p2
> >>close debug file: Bad file descriptor
> >>
> >>does someone knows how to solve the problem?
> >>

> >What's in your ~amanda/.amandahosts
> >(and check permissions too!)
> >
> >Explained in:
> >http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication
> >
> >hth
> >jf
> >
> hi
> my .amandahosts is owned by my backup user and is mode 700
> it contains
> rezo.int-evry.fr        root    amindexd amidxtaped
>
> I guess all is ok for that

You should check the debug files on both client and server.
For .amandahosts I would stuff in an extra line:

rezo.int-evry.fr        amanda  amindexd amidxtaped

replace 'amanda' by your backup user. If it still fails
you might have to investigate how name resolution is
performed on the server.

jf

--
<° ><