Amanda-Users

Splitting Dumps

2007-01-15 12:14:27
Subject: Splitting Dumps
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:55:08 -0600
I have recently setup my config to be able to split dumps across tapes due
to an increase in size. I get the following message in the backup report:
taper: no split_diskbuffer specified: using fallback split size of 10240kb
to buffer localbackupservername:/home.1 in-memory

And in the verify report I get the following for each DLE and hundreds of
them for the DLE's that are local and do not go to holding disk:
Skipped /bin/tar check on partial dump .....

I have specified the runtapes and the tape_splitsize in the amanda.conf. It
appears from the first message that I need to add the split_diskbuffer
option to my amanda.conf. And perhaps some other options too.

Can anyone guide me in this new setup? Something seems to be wrong since I
have gone to splitting across tapes.
I am using amanda 2.5.0p2 on Debian.

Regards,
Gordon