Amanda-Users

RE: amanda client on MAC, launchd issue

2007-01-10 11:28:00
Subject: RE: amanda client on MAC, launchd issue
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:13:56 -0500

Not sure if this is relivent to your case but;

1) I am new to Mac OSX so take pity if I say something stupid.
2) We run a Mac OSX server
3) Our Mac OSX server uses Apple's launchd to launch programs.
4) Added a LaunchDaemons .plist restarted launchd and I have been backup up
our Mac server from a Solaris 10 host for the last several months and it has
been working just fine.

I believe launchd is Apple's replacement for xinetd, cron and rc.local
files, something like Sun's new service (svc) management.

Robert