Amanda-Users

Re: Is there a way to force a amdump - Monthly Backup at end of day from the command line.

2007-01-05 08:09:37
Subject: Re: Is there a way to force a amdump - Monthly Backup at end of day from the command line.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:01:02 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 at 12:20pm, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote

I have a scare yesterday with our raid 5 a raid disk died.
Hence I have ordered a hot spare and an additional raid disk But I
need to do a full amanda backup prior to tar'ing up my file system.

Thus I currently run a daily increment backup and a last day on a friday
full amanda backup.

Is there a way to force a amdump - Monthly Backup at end of day from the
command line.

I don't fully understand your setup, but there's a couple of ways to force a full backup:

1) In your normal 'daily' setup, run 'amadmin $CONFIG force' for each DLE.

2) Copy your daily config's amanda.conf and disklist into a new config
   (e.g. Archive) and change your dumpcycle to 0 in the new config.  Then
   run that config.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering