Amanda-Users

Amanda operations, a couple of questions

2006-12-31 08:48:02
Subject: Amanda operations, a couple of questions
From: "Mark Hennessy" <mhennessy AT cloud9 DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:09:06 -0500
1. What is the proper tapetype for a Quantum SDLT 220? I found one for a
Tandberg SDLT 220 online but I just wanted to make sure.

2. How do I set a Quantum SDLT 220 drive to enable hardware compression?
This would be an mt command of some sort I would guess.

3. Is there a way to set the dump commandline arguments on an individual
client through the client or server config files?  I can't seem to find a way
specified in the FAQs or docs.  Would I just add them to dumpkeys by hand in
sendbackup-dump.c under client-src and make it again?  I need to do this so I
can add '-L' for my FreeBSD 6 machines.

Thanks again in advance to the answers to these questions!

--
 Mark Hennessy